Friday, February 17, 2012

Inspriation Friday - from a KidWorks volunteer

Need a little motivation to volunteer? Here is some inspiration from the experience of Jessi Kraai, volunteer at VIP partner site KidWorks:

"I volunteer with the hope of making a small difference in the life of one of my students.  I understand the many influences that play a role in shaping the characters of each of my students; I hope that I can be a positive influence and role model for them.  Developing and maintaining a relationship with each student is one of the best parts of volunteering.  As the months and years pass I am privileged to see my students grow and mature academically, socially, and spiritually.  I treasure the moments I spend with my students.  For the past few years I have volunteered with KidWorks, I have learned more from my students than I had ever imagined."

No comments:

Post a Comment